I am delighted to start “When she hosts” series where I will be having Guest bloggers sharing their routine, tricks and tips with you in all the aspects that you care for.
Health, fitness, beauty, fashion and style, photography and much more.
Our first guest blogger is Baraa El Sabbagh .She is a Registered Dietitian, Personal Trainer, and Sports Nutritionist, and obsessed with everything healthy, in a healthy way of course! She’s a co-author to the recipe book Super Recipes and she works with beginners on starting their nutrition and exercise journey. She loved to share her morning routine with us, included some tips and a great recipe too!
What time do you start your day?
Having a fantastic start to the morning really elevates the rest of my day. I know what it’s like to get up straight out of bed, hop into my work clothes and rush my way to life/gym/meetings. I also know what it’s like to wake up slightly earlier than usual and have a good calm start and then stride on.
And let me tell you, the latter is a heavenly way to start.
I Wake up at 8:00 AM and start my day with
- A cup to half a liter of room temperature water
- Coconut milk coffee with a yogurt bowl or nut butter on rice cakes (5-minute prep)
- A great inspirational book (a few pages or a chapter, 30 minutes is usually a good amount of time)
At 9:30 AM: I am washed, dressed and ready for the remaining part of my day whether it’s going to the gym, seeing a client or going to a meeting.
Some might say it’s a late start, some might say it’s an early start, but at this point in my journey it’s the perfect start and it’s what my body can achieve. I always reassess my morning routine and start at different times when things change.
When do you workout?
Whenever I can. Sometimes it’s 9 AM, 10:30 AM 12:00 PM and on crazy days it might be 9:00 PM. Why? Because my work and life schedule is not fixed and that’s life right? I just make sure to work my way around it.
The key to everything is to start with baby steps that feel good to you.
Is it essential to work out in the morning to have a healthy start?
Nope. Workout when you can. 7 AM or 7 PM will not matter as long as you are getting your hours in. But, if waking up early is achievable for you then do it. Working out in the morning can have its advantages of making you feel very energetic and getting it out of the way feels great.
Your priority in deciding if you should be working out in the morning or not could be answered by asking yourself this question: is working out at this time, 4 times per week something I can do easily for the next 3 months without stretching myself too thin? If yes then go for it.
What can’t change in your morning routine?
My coconut milk coffee, breakfast, and inspirational book are what make my mornings so heavenly. So choose what it is for you and stick to it, it could be 5 minutes of meditation before leaving the house, it could be listening to a motivational audiobook or podcast, it could be rocking a morning yoga routine.
5 tips to creating a morning routine:
- Plan your day from the night before.
- Plan your first outfit and second outfit for the day (I always have 2 if I’m going to the gym at first).
- Set your alarm earlier, even if it’s just 10 minutes earlier.
- Decide on what the first action towards a better morning start is for you. Is it meditating? Is it reading for 10 minutes? Is it writing intentions for the day?
- Do this morning routine for a week. See how you feel and possibly add another activity to it.
Overnight oats recipe that you must try
The recipe is from my Super Recipes book that I developed with my sister to make healthy cooking easy and delicious. This recipe can be prepared the night before so you don’t have to worry about it in the morning.
- You can learn more about the services I provide through my website and following me on Instagram
- If you’re a beginner and want to start exercising at home I have the perfect program for you. Check them out!
- Get my recipe book to start enjoying healthy options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts. The book includes dairy-free, refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan .
- Send me a message if you’re feeling inspired by this post or have any questions at all!
Hope you enjoyed the first in the series, feel free to leave me your suggestions in the comments section,
Meanwhile, Stay FABULOUS!