Sweet, romantic but not so traditional. No, I am not talking about Charlotte York from Sex in The city! I am talking about Charlotte bistro that now landed in ABC Verdun!
Holding its royal name very well, and not talking about the vibes or decoration but about the service you will have there. In fact, don’t worry, it is your neighborhood bistro with all the friendliness and homey feeling you need!
Opening side by side with its sister nonna pizza, Charlotte offers a versatile menu and even better you have the flexibility of choosing from the sister’s menu.
A mix and match of plates from both restaurants was divine.
We were greeted with smiles and pampered with attentiveness. And with big appetite we picked:
- Calamars et poulpes grillés: luscious with a delectable sauce and side salad
- Thai chopped fresh crab and shrimp salad: ok chef we need to talk, hailing to your creative mind giving such kind of recipe: generous portion of crab meat all fresh with shrimps and a celebration of exotic fruits, baby spinach and crunchy peanuts. Mouthwatering.
And from nonna we had:
- Bruschetta combo: triplets of goat cheese covered with rocca, not my favorite it was too creamy and not as tangy as I prefer it, tomatoes seasoned and sprinkled with pine nuts, I liked it. And last but not least Salmon so fresh. I also would have preferred the bread to be a bit more chewy: pain de campagne would have been better.
- Gnocchi pesto: what a tasteful plate, a must try!
Moving to sweeten our time with the two most instagramable scrumptious desserts:
- No bake cheesecake: red fruits sweet and sour balancing the smoothness of the cheese mixture laying over a crunchy base and oh that sprinkle of crushed pistachios, heavenly good
- Tarte au citron: more of a cheesecake texture and so pleasantly melting in your mouth, with a side of lemon ice cream and meringue over crushed tulles, flavorful!
Pretty and smart, quite a catch that Charlotte! Now open in ABC Verdun, Level 4!