Those Souhour packages from Mintbasil Market are so handy that I wait for them on weekly basis now! The good thing is that the products are varied with each package, and eventually you can go creative with the recipes and combination.
For this week, the package had:
- Nabat quinoa
- Bio Rice drink
- Naturalia Chia seeds
- JJar homemade Pumpkin nut butter
- Super healthy homemade chia crackers
- And the Zejd olive oil soap to take care of your skin!
Using the ingredients and the recipes provided by Mintbasil with the package, I enjoyed discovering two new plates:
1- Quinoa porridge:
Quinoa has essential amino acids for human nutrition which is usually found in meat but rarely in plants. Quinoa also boasts a good dose of fiber and iron making it a very healthy ingredient to consume.
I used to cook quinoa with the savory platters as a replacement of rice but it was the first time I used it as breakfast bowl.
I adapted the provided recipes with one from Martha Stewart adding ofcourse my touch!
Ingredients for two servings
- 1 cup of Quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups of rice drink
- I replaced the sugar with Date molasses from the previous package
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup and half of pitted cherries
Bring milk to boil in the saucepan. Add quinoa and return to boil. Reduce heat then to simmer for around 15 minutes or until milk is 3/4 absorbed.
Stir in the molasses and the turmeric and cover until the milk is almost absorbed, stir in the cherries and cook for 30 seconds.
Pour them in bowls and decorate with chia seeds, cherries, pumpkin nut butter and some molasses.
2- Pumpkin Seed Butter and Spinach Hummus
This is a superfood recipe! It combines three main ingredients which are
- spinach with its load of iron, potassium, magnesium and calcium
- pumpkin seed with a variety of nutrients ranging from magnesium and manganese to copper, protein and zinc,
- and chickpeas that have vitamin K, folate, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, choline, and selenium.Ingredients for two servings
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup JJAR pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup water
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add in remaining ingredients, except spinach and water. Purée until smooth.
Add in spinach. With the machine running, drizzle in water and purée for 1 minute until whipped and creamy.
Transfer to a serving dish or covered container to refrigerate. Hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serve with Super Healthy Homemde Chia Seed Crackers
Since I am late posting it, let me tell you also about the third package which you can still grab till Sunday and again a very valuable combination:
- The Good Thymes Classic Mix
- Eshmoon Date Pills
- TAQA Oat Maamoul
- Bites of Delight Thyme Sticks
- Zejd Olive Tapenade
I tried two different Souhour,
- I enjoyed the oat date maamoul with the Biopret Chai form previous package and some date pills
- I enjoyed combining a lebanese breakfast for souhour using the good thymes zaatar, the tapenade and the crackers
Looking forward a new package and new recipes, so head to their website and order yours!