It has been around a year or so that the Bistro du moine has entered the restaurant scene in Lebanon, extending to a rooftop to cater summer lovers with Scape and a new fine dining experience le cuitvre.
I always had a different impression about the interiors every time I used to pass near it; it reflected for me more of a cottage style.
On a calm Monday eve, I enjoyed a very tasty dinner with a friend in a charming ambiance.
I was really impressed by:
- Decoration: it has a metallic touch with beautiful grey colors, there are several areas including two tables for fondue lovers, regular tables with very comfortable chairs, the bar area and facing the toilets, the smoking area, a wide table fit for gatherings with special seats
- Welcome and service: thank you Elie for such a sweet and delicate attention to us. He has wide knowledge of the menu and was catering all our requests
- Being asked for the preference of the water and approving our refusal of not having any imposed without being rude about it
- The veggie chips served with nuts as welcome nibbles, as well as the bread basket with three tasty fresh bread rolls types (2 of each) served with whipped butter beautifully presented: one flavored with I think courgette and the other regular
- The soup of the day, which was pumpkin: balanced flavors and they were so sweet to prepare fresh croutons for my friend
- Thai salad: huge portion of rice vermicelli, vegetable and 7 pieces of shrimps; i would have loved to have more shrimps:), and decorated with grapefruit: pleasing to the eye and belly seasoned with a tasty dressing to compliment it
- Gnocchi aux cèpes: cooked to perfection and coated with a thick sauce made of fresh cèpes, recommended!
Their dessert menu stretches long, would love to try some next time.
An enjoyable dinner from A to Z. It feels great to have such dining options around; looking forward the next time!