As I adopt a healthy lifestyle, I am very selective when it comes to diners as to find which one serves healthier alternatives in fast food.
Since it opened, “Sandwiched” have gained a good reputation of raising the barre higher when it comes to creativity and quality of ingredients. Chef Wissam playing around with the ingredients and serving an upscale version of diners menu.
I was beautifully surprised to know that he is the mind behind the mixes of Fadi’s the Good Thymes , and generous Fadi offered one of my favorite mixes Nbr 8 which has a mix of spices to add a kick to any average zaatar!
Back to Chef Wissam, he was sure to ask us about our preferences regarding food: healthy or not, spicy or mild, bacon or without… Such an attentive person. we left him choose and we did not regret:
- Fresh kale: massaged kale, topped with crumbled goat cheese, our Lebanese pride freekeh, dried figs, fresh pomegranate and pine nuts: it was so good, not like any other kale salad, the best I had
- East’N west” think a different version of Ceaser where the mix of greens is topped with grilled halloumi, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds as well as cherry tomatoes all covered with parmesan: such a rich combination
- Crinckles: a twist on the nachos where the potatoes are sliced and fries, served with a side of sour cream, creative indeed
- Shared rolls: two versions: the honey mustard chicken and the shrimps roll: so light and addictive be aware!
- I did not taste the Beef’n wine but my friend just loved it as for the Roast beef: what a sandwich, and note that I am not a fan of melted cheeses (Scandalous for some haha): crunchy and tender what a mix!
- Crunchy mozzarella Burger: the bun, the chicken, the sauce and the breaded mozarella burger are sure to comfort your fast food crave!
The question remains how to hold yourself from over eating, and we could not, the time dessert coming we were five to share two pieces that should not be overlooked:
- The carrot cake: a secret ingredient adding the smoothness to the crunchy carrot and nuts: dates and there you got me!
- the chocolate cake: layers of cake and chocolate filling melting as a fondant
I will be back, yes for more and more, of this menu that is not like any regular Diner.
Thank you Chef Wissam, Godigital, Fadi, the food.b and the staff, specially the talented Avo !