What can you expect from the amazing people behind “pay what you think is fair” concept already implemented in their two restaurants Motto -Makan except to amaze us even more with a new concept Make me motto in which they are giving the chance to chefs to have their own place to manage from A to Z with the assistance of the team.
The first start was with Hisham Sprouts a vegan concept with all the fresh and local ingredients it was not to be missed.
Then it was the one and only Nimal with the Sri-lankan with some Lebanese inspiration concept.
And most recently, it was time to revive the first indian restaurant Sirena in the middle east! Which was founded since 1960 and was brought back thanks to Motto.
I love indian food and wanted to try the only traditional charcoal tandoor in Lebanon, so I passed with a friend.
She is vegetarian so we have not ventured in the meaty side.
We tried the:
- Mint chutney :small dip yet boosting with flavors
- Kachumber: flaming hot indian salad
- Selection of Naan bread, cooked live in the Tandoor, plain, garlic and butter all won my heart!
- Boondi Raita: the cucumbers are replaced with balls made with chickpea flour such a fresh invention, loved it.
- The meal was followed by the Phirni (rice and milk pudding) and the masala tea: but i was impressed by none
Overall, and with the attention of Raji the owner and his chef, we enjoyed a very lovely eve.
Raji told me they might be re-opening soon in Hamra a delivery joint, so let’s wait and see!